Beef Sirloin With Thai Red Curry Sauce
by Nichola Watson
(High Legh, Cheshire, UK)
I do this roast beef sirloin recipe on my Beefeater gas grill and it works a treat. The first stage is to sear it directly over the heat and then to close the lid on the grill and cook indirectly.
Before starting on the beef sirloin though, you need to make up the Thai red curry sauce.
I used the ingredients below last time I prepared it and it comfortably fed six people with a little bit of beef (not much) to spare.
Red curry sauce ingredients
- 1 large can coconut milk
- half a jar Thai red curry paste
- 1 lemon grass stalk
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Heat curry paste in a pan on a medium heat for 60 seconds to release flavour.
- Cut lemon grass stalk into two pieces and gently bruise using a wooden spoon or similar. Add to the pan.
- Add coconut milk, palm sugar, lime leaves and fish sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes then add the chopped fresh coriander.
For the beef sirloin:-
- 3lb or 1.3kg Sirloin of beef
- Season with sea salt and crushed pepper
- Sear all sides of beef on high temperature on your grill then reduce heat to low and cook indirectly for approximately 45 minutes.
- Rest meat for 15 minutes before carving.
To serve my favourite is Thai rice and pak choi
- 2oz/50g rice per person
- 1 pak choi per person
- Cook rice in boiling water for 10 minutes, drain water and serve.
- Steam then stir fry pak choi in soy sauce, oil and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
See Also:-Grilled Beef SirloinBarbecue Beef RecipesBarbecue Grill ComparisonsReturn to Home Page from Beef Sirloin With Thai Red Curry Sauce